PREMEDICAL COURSE OVERVIEW
The Premedical Course aims to meet the needs of high school graduates who wish to pursue a medical education but who have taken few or none of the core science courses required for successful preparation to medical school.
The course lasts from the begining of October 2018 to the end of May 2019 and is divided into two semesters. All classes are conducted in English.
Graduation of Premedical Course gives participant an opportunity to be accepted for the 6-year M.D. program at the Medical University of Gdansk in academic year 2019/2020.
- Freshman Seminars
- Communication Skills
- Basic Learning Techniques
- General Biology I
- Inorganic Chemistry with Elements of Laboratory Diagnostics
- Medical Terminology I
- English Language Course I
- Polish Language Course I
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to Cytophysiology and Microscopic Anatomy
- General Biology II
- Organic Chemistry with Elements of Biochemistry
- Medical Terminology II
- English Language Course II
- Polish Language Course II
Candidates for admission to the Premedical Course should:
- Register and fill in on-line application form for Premedical Course in electronic candidate database (available at: admission2018.mug.edu.pl).
- Submit complete required documents by regular mail to the Admissions Office at the Medical University of Gdansk between 12th of March 2018 and 31st of August 2018.
Candidates have to be at least High School graduates. The Admission Committee selects the candidates on the basis of their scores from High School Diploma in biology and chemistry or relevant subjects, and level of English language skills (confirmed by certificate).
Candidates for a 6-year M.D. program at the Medical University of Gdansk who have not been accepted are welcome to apply for the Course.
Documents required in admission process:
- singed application form (printed from the electronic candidates database available at: admission2018.mug.edu.pl)
- a copy of High School Diploma with transcript of grades or its equivalent in candidate’s native language certified by candidate’s school or by a public notary
- an English translation of the above original document, translated and certificated by candidate’s school or by a sworn translator (does not apply to documents in English or polish)
- a copy of the applicant’s passport certified by a public notary
- two recent photographs (size 35mm-45mm) signed at the back (head uncovered)
- certificate confirming English language skills.
University Admissions Office
Medical University of Gdansk
Al. Zwycięstwa 41-42
Total fee for the Premedical Course is 33 000 PLN.
Medical University of Gdańsk
Ph./Fax: +48 58 349 13 90