PREMEDICAL COURSE OVERVIEW
The Premedical Course aims to meet the needs of high school graduates who wish to pursue a medical education but who have taken few of the core science courses required for successful preparation to medical school.
The course lasts from the beginning of October 2022 to the end of May 2023 and is divided into two semesters.
Graduation of Premedical Course gives participant an opportunity to be accepted for the 6-year M.D. program at the Medical University of Gdansk in academic year 2023/2024.
Additional benefits – tuition includes a full set of textbooks and additional health insurance.
PREMEDICAL CURRICULUM – All classes are conducted in English.
- Freshman Seminars
- Communication Skills
- Basic Learning Techniques
- General Biology I
- Inorganic Chemistry with Elements of Laboratory Diagnostics
- Introduction to Cytophysiology and Microscopic Anatomy
- Medical Terminology I
- English Language Course I
- Polish Language Course I
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- General Biology II
- Organic Chemistry with Elements of Biochemistry
- Medical Terminology II
- English Language Course II
- Polish Language Course II
Candidates for admission to the Premedical Course should:
- Register and fill in on-line application form for Premedical Course in electronic candidate database (available at: admission2022.mug.edu.pl)
Admission for the Fall 2022 will be open on 28th of April, deadline for applying is 31st of August 2022.
- Submit complete required documents by regular mail to the Admissions Office at the Medical University of Gdansk between 28th of April 2022 and 31st of August 2022.
Candidates have to be at least High School graduates. The Admission Committee selects the candidates on the basis of their scores from High School Diploma in biology and one selected subject from: chemistry, physics and mathematics or relevant subjects, and level of English language skills (confirmed by certificate).
Candidates for a 6-year M.D. program at the Medical University of Gdansk who have not been accepted are welcome to apply for the Course.
Documents required in admission process:
- singed application form (printed from the electronic candidates database available at: admission2022.mug.edu.pl)
- a copy of High School Diploma with transcript of grades or its equivalent in candidate’s native language certified by candidate’s school or by a public notary
- an English translation of the above original document, translated and certificated by candidate’s school or by a sworn translator (does not apply to documents in English or polish)
- a copy of the applicant’s passport certified by a public notary
- one recent photograph (size 35mm-45mm) signed at the back (head uncovered)
- certificate confirming English language skills.
University Admissions Office
Medical University of Gdansk
Al. Zwycięstwa 41-42
Total fee for the Premedical Course is 33 000 PLN.
Medical University of Gdańsk
Ph./Fax: +48 58 349 13 92