ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSE OVERVIEW
The aim of English Language Course is to provide students with balanced practice in all English language skills, i.e. reading, listening, speaking and writing as well as language components of grammar and vocabulary. Students will be exposed to a wide variety of written and recorded texts on various topics pertaining to modern life, with exercises designed to develop a range of comprehension skills and build receptive and active vocabulary, paying particular attention to collocation and natural turns of phrase. The course will also focus on developing active skills, giving students a chance to practise new vocabulary in a variety of contexts through pair work, role-plays and all-class discussions as well as through writing activities. At the same time, the course should also help students to develop efficient learning strategies and encourage them to become autonomous and independent learners.
It is assumed that the level of English of the students is roughly equivalent to Level A2. Prior to the course, students will be asked to write a placement test, so that the classes of particular groups are best suited to their needs to help them achieve at least B2 level.
As the main objective of the course is to prepare students for their studies at university, they are expected to pass IELTS academic examination at the end of the course to receive an international recognition of their skills.
The Course lasts from begining of March 2016 to the end of June 2016. All classes are conducted in English.
Graduation of English Language Course (IELTS test) gives participant an opportunity to be accepted for the Premedical Course at the Medical University of Gdansk in academic year 2016/2017.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSE CURRICULUM
- Listening and Speaking
- Polish Language
- Reading and Vocabulary
Candidates for admission to the English Language Course should:
Documents required in admission process:
- Register on-line in electronic candidate database (available at: admission2015.mug.edu.pl).
- Fill out on-line application form for English Language Course.
- Submit complete application package by regular mail to the Admissions Office at the Medical University of Gdansk till 31st of January 2016.
- an application form signed (printed from the electronic candidates database)
- a copy of High School Diploma or its equivalent in candidate’s native language certified by candidate’s school or by a public notary
- an English translation of the above original document, translated and certificated by candidate’s school or by a sworn translator (does not apply to documents in English or polish)
- a copy of the applicant’s passport certified by a public notary
- two recent photographs (size 35mm-45mm) signed at the back (head uncovered).
University Admissions Office
Medical University of Gdansk
Al. Zwycięstwa 41-42
Applicants must be at least high school graduates. Candidates will be selected by the Admission Committee on the basis of their scores from High School Diploma in biology and chemistry or relevant subjects.
Fee for the English Language Course is EUR 5,000.
Medical University of Gdańsk
Ph./Fax: +48 58 349 13 90