PRE-HEALTH COURSE OVERVIEW
The Pre-Health Course aims to meet the needs of high school graduates who wish to pursue a health education but who have taken few or none of the core science courses required for successful preparation to health school.
The course lasts from the beginning of October 2017 to the end of May 2018 and is divided into two semesters. All classes are conducted in English. It is assumed that the level of English of the students is roughly equivalent to Level A2. Prior to the course, students will be asked to write a placement test, so that the classes of particular groups are best suited to their needs to help them achieve at least B2 level. As the main objective of the course is to prepare students for their studies at university, they are expected to pass IELTS academic examination at the end of the course to receive an international recognition of their skills.
Graduation of Pre-health Course gives participant an opportunity to be accepted for 3-year Bachelor of Nursing programme or Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics programme at the Medical University of Gdansk in academic year 2018/2019.
- Listening and speaking
- Reading and vocabulary
- Basic Learning Techniques
- English Language Course
- General Biology
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Terminology
- Polish Language Course
- Premedical Chemistry with Elements of Biochemistry
Candidates for admission to the Pre-Health Course should:
- Register and fill in on-line application form for Premedical Course in electronic candidate database (available at: admission2017.mug.edu.pl).
- Submit complete required documents by regular mail to the Admissions Office at the Medical University of Gdansk between 1st of March 2017 and 31st of August 2017.
Candidates have to be at least High School graduates. The Admission Committee selects the candidates on the basis of their scores from High School Diploma in biology (or health sceinces), English and an additional subject of their choice (either chemistry, physics or mathematics).
Candidates for a Bachelor of Nursing programme or 3-year Bachelor or Nutrition and Dietetics programme at the Medical University of Gdansk who have not been accepted are welcome to apply for the Course.
Documents required in admission process:
- singed application form (printed from the electronic candidates database available at: admission2017.mug.edu.pl)
- a copy of High School Diploma or its equivalent in candidate’s native language certified by candidate’s school or by a public notary
- an English translation of the above original document, translated and certificated by candidate’s school or by a sworn translator (does not apply to documents in English or polish)
- a copy of the applicant’s passport certified by a public notary
- two recent photographs (size 35mm-45mm) signed at the back (head uncovered)
- certificate confirming current English language skills
University Admissions Office
Medical University of Gdansk
Al. Zwycięstwa 41-42
Total fee for the Pre-Health Course is 22 000 PLN.
Medical University of Gdańsk
Ph./Fax: +48 58 349 13 90