Candidates from all over the world have an opportunity to apply for the 3-year Bachelor of Nursing Programme at the Medical University of Gdańsk. The extended curriculum is based on strict European and US standards and includes basic sciences (anatomy, physiology, pathology, genetics, biochemistry and biophysics, microbiology and parasitology, pharmacology, radiology), social sciences (psychology, sociology, pedagogy, medical law, public health, philosophy and ethics in nursing), basic nursing care (basics of nursing care, health promotion, primary care, dietetics, physical examination and research in nursing) and specialist care (internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, midwifery and gynecology, psychiatry, anesthesiology, rehabilitation, neurology, geriatrics, palliative care, basics of emergency medicine) and nursing (internal, pediatrics, surgical, midwifery and gynecology, psychiatric, emergency, neurological and geriatric nursing as well as nursing of patients with disabilities).
Upon graduation from Nursing programme, students receive a Bachelor Diploma in Nursing and can apply for a license to practice nursing. The graduates of our programme will be prepared to practice nursing independently all over the world. They will provide health services, recognize nursing needs and problems of the patients and their families, plan and perform the nursing care and provide preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitation and education services. The graduates will be able to work in public and private health care facilities and continue their studies at nursing and/or various courses as a part of postgraduate education. More data at Recognition of diploma
Candidates interested in studies at the 3-year Bachelor of Nursing programme (English Division) should:
- Register on-line in electronic candidate database (available at: admission2019.mug.edu.pl) – The possibility to submit applications for the Fall 2019 recruitment will be launched on 15 March 2019.
- Fill in on-line application form for 3-year Bachelor of Nursing programme.
- Submit a complete application package by regular mail to the Admissions Office at the Medical University of Gdańsk between 15th of March 2019 and 31st of July 2019.
Medical University of Gdańsk
University Admission Office
Al. Zwycięstwa 41-42
Candidates for 3-year Bachelor of Nursing programme have to be at least High School graduates and hold High School Diploma with grades in biology, English and an additional subject of their choice (either chemistry, physics or mathematics). The Admission Committee selects the candidates on the basis of their scores from High School Diploma in required subjects (given above) and score from an additional oral examination (Admission Committee’s decision). Topics discussed during the oral exam will be sent to candidates after registration.
Documents required in admission process – Registration:
- signed application form (printed from the electronic candidate database available at: admission2019.mug.edu.pl)
- a copy of the High School Diploma (or its equivalent) with transcript of grades in the candidate’s native language certified by candidate’s school or by a public notary
- an English translation of the above original document, translated and certificated by candidate’s school or by a sworn translator (does not apply to documents in English or Polish)
- a photocopy of the applicant’s passport certified by a public notary
- two recent (size 35mm-45mm) photographs (head uncovered) signed at the back
- certificate confirming English language skills (optional).
Copies of documents may be certified as true copies by the Admission Officer if candidate submits the original documents in person for review.
Incomplete application packages will not be taken into the consideration!
Documents required after acceptance:
- original High School Diploma or its equivalent legalized or with apostille
- copy of document “Financial obligation during the study” signed
- confirmation of health insurance
- document confirming payment of Orientation Week fee.
Tuition fee and charges:
- Orientation Week fee 3 000 PLN (or 2 000 PLN – applies only to students from Poland)
- tuition fee for the first to third year of study 23 000 PLN per year
To obtain more details, please phone or write to:
Ph./Fax: + 48 58 349 13 90