Deans’ Office of Medical Faculty kindly informs,
that transfers of students from another University to Medical University of Gdańsk are possible only on the beginning of academic year (fall intake) after completing the previous year. Only students with the status active students in the English language programme may apply for transfer. There is no possibility to transfer during the academic year. Students who are willing to transfer to Medical University of Gdansk, are obliged to register in the online transfer database and upload there all required documents before the 31t of July 2023.
Admission package consists of
- signed application form (printed from the electronic candidate database available at: admission2023.mug.edu.pl)
- official letter to the Dean of Medical Faculty at MUG, Prof. Radosław Owczuk M.D., Ph.D. in which student will ask for a possibility to transfer – please mention year to which you would like to transfer, explain reasons.
- admission results with the criteria ( it needs to contain information about points gathered during admission process on base of delivered documents)
- transcript with all grades after each academic year
- syllabus of every subject, content of the course plus number of hours
- confirmation of summer internship after each year
- certified copies of secondary school transcripts
- index/certification with confirmation of student status
Student willing to transfer is obliged to fulfill admission criteria at MUG for the year when s(he) started studies at current university.
All requested documents must be prepared in ENGLISH and certified by school/University official / sworn translator or public notary.
Admission package must be complete, MUG does not accept partial transcripts. After receiving a full set, decision of the Dean will be sent to Your home address during summer, so please don’t forget to write correct address.
ONLY after positive decision candidate will be asked to send the original documents (paper form with required certification) on address:
Gdański Uniwersytet Medyczny
Dziekanat Wydziału Lekarskiego Dział ds. Studenckich
ul. Aleja Zwycięstwa 41-42
80-210 Gdańsk, POLAND
Deadline for delivering mentioned documents is 31.07.2023.
Application delivered after this date will not be considered as possible candidate for transfer.
There is no possibility to transfer to any year during academic year.
Candidates interested please contact with the Dean’s Office of the Medical Faculty during the spring time – specific year.
Based on the principles described in § 2 point 8 Study Rules and Regulation of MUG
dated 25.04.2022 when making the decision to admit a student by transfer from another domestic or foreign university, the Rector takes the following into particular consideration:
- the admission limit valid for the specific field of studies, if the transfer takes place to year one of studies;
- the minimum score and the recruitment prerequisites determining eligibility for admission to the specific field of studies at the University in the academic year of the student’s admission to another domestic or foreign university from which he/she is to be transferred;
- the average grade for the whole period of studies, attained by the candidate at the other domestic or foreign university, calculated in accordance with § 24(2) and 24(3) of the Rules;
- the University’s organisational potential, including its ability to provide the candidate with an opportunity to make up for any curricular discrepancies – if the number of candidates exceeds the admission limit, the average grade referred to in point 3 above determines the admission
For more detailed questions regarding individual years, please contact the following email address: email@example.com