Candidates from around the world have an opportunity to apply for the 6-year M.D. Programme at English Division at the Medical University of Gdańsk. The extended curriculum is based on strict European and US standards. Upon graduation, students receive a diploma of Medical Doctor (M.D.) and can apply for a license to practice medicine. More data at Recognition of diploma
Candidates interested in studies at the 6-year M.D. programme (English Division) should:
- Register on-line in electronic candidate database (available at: admission2019.mug.edu.pl).The possibility to submit applications for the Fall 2019 recruitment will be launched on 15 March 2019
- Fill in on-line application form for 6-year M.D. programme.
- Submit a complete application package by regular mail to the Admissions Office at the Medical University of Gdańsk between 15th of March 2019 and 15th of July 2019.
Medical University of Gdańsk
University Admission Office
Al. Zwycięstwa 41-42
Candidates have to be at least High School graduates and are admitted on basis of their position on the ranking list. The position on the ranking list is based on the total amount of points achieved in the following:
- The number of points calculated from their grades recorded in the official high school transcript/maturity certificate. Two grades out of the following four subjects are required and taken for evaluation: Biology (obligatory) and Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics. Each of two required subjects has to be taught at the advanced level;
- The number of points achieved during obligatory entrance exam in biology and chemistry at the High School level which is organized by the University. It will take a place either at Medical University of Gdańsk on 30th of July 2019 or at the selected location co-organized by official MUG recruitment partners. Entrance exam consists of written part (MCQ test – topics, example questions),
- and if necessary (Admission Committee’s decision), interview based on English language proficiency, motivation and predisposition for medical profession and the knowledge of selected subjects (topics for review).
Candidates with IB Diploma are selected on the basis of their scores from IB Diploma in biology HL (obligatory) and one selected subject from: chemistry, physics and mathematics HL, as well as score from an interview (see above). If candidate passed the subjects at the SL, mentioned above written part of entrance exam is required.
Documents required in admission process:
- signed application form (printed from the electronic candidate database available at: admission2019.mug.edu.pl)
- a copy of High School Diploma (or its equivalent) with transcript of grades in the candidate’s native language certified by candidate’s school or by a public notary
- an English translation of the above original document, translated and certificated by candidate’s school or by a sworn translator (does not apply to documents in English or Polish)
- a photocopy of the applicant’s passport certified by a public notary
- two recent (size 35mm-45mm) photographs (head not covered) signed at the back
- a certificate confirming English language skills
Copies of documents may be certified as true copies by the Admission Officer if candidate submits the original documents in person for review.
Incomplete application packages will not be taken into the consideration!
Documents required after acceptance:
- original High School Diploma or its equivalent legalized or with apostille
- copy of financial obligation signed
- confirmation of health insurance
- document confirming payment of admission fee and Orientation Week fee.
Tuition fee and charges:
- Orientation Week fee 3 000 PLN
- tuition fee for the first to the six year of study 44 000 PLN per year
To obtain more details, please phone or write to:
Ph./Fax: + 48 58 349 13 90